Sunday, May 15, 2016

Dear Blog Today is March 15, Student Teaching today. Science is weird for me. Weeks earlier, I student taught for Social Studies. History and Social Studies is one of my favorite subjects.

In fact, my Bachelors was political science and History. However, I felt strong anxiety for teaching the Social Studies lesson but not nearly as much for my Science lesson. Science has always been a favorite subject area of mine but, I'll admit, I am more comfortable with the content of Social Studies over Science. 

It sounds bizarre but this is something that as a teacher, I need to reflect and consider how I can make myself a better instructor in that regard. Often, we might not be able to choose the subject area of teaching especially in elementary settings. So for that reason, we should technically be mastering our craft across all areas of curriculum. I have time to think about it but it is something that I need to look more into myself and see how I can better myself teaching across different subject areas. 
 - MW

No comments:

Post a Comment