Monday, May 9, 2016

Dear Blog, I need a Science Fair Project Idea...
Yes, it's true. I need a Science Fair Project Idea. I will be going up against some of the toughest 6th and 7th graders on this side of the Hudson. Maybe that's an exaggeration but, I still need a Science Fair Idea. 
What is new to me is this:  The Science Fair project must incorporate the steps of the Scientific Method. As I reflect on my past Science Fair projects, circa 199?,  I question whether I incorporated the Scientific Method into my project. I am guessing that I didn't. I recall a project based on solar energy. At the time, solar was new but had been around for some time. My project laid out the specifics of solar and how it works. 

At the time, I thought I really developed a great science fair idea. But, years later, I now realize it lacked some serious points. For one, it lacked any application to inquiry. My project never went beyond the explanation of solar energy. For this reason, I'm tasked to redeem myself and prove that I can compete with the 6th and 7th graders again, but this time, I will be prepared. 

This time I will develop a real science fair project based on inquiry and tested with full results. It doesn't matter if my results make or break the hypothesis so long as I'm trying to prove or disprove my hypothesis. This time it's real.. To be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment