Sunday, May 15, 2016

Dear Blog, It's March 1st.  While I cannot make it for the Science Fair, rest assured, I am plotting a way to sneak into the fair and find out my score.
It has been... well it's been a while since I personally made a science fair project. Let's just say its been a few years. Today, I return to 6th and 7th grade to reclaim my long desired ribbon for well prepared Science Fair Project. Step aside kids, it took me awhile but I'm back with a mission to claim the title. 

Kidding aside, this project has been a test for sure. Entering this semester, I was not expecting to design and complete a science fair project to compete with 6th and 7th graders. Oh and by the way, it will be graded with a strict rubric. That only makes sense. 

With that said, I'm here in my classroom guessing what the competition has brought. Did someone bring a live volcano? How about solar energy? What paper towel roll has the best absorbency?

I will find out shortly and make my to the fair.As I reflect on my work on the Science Fair, I have do have to agree with how our cooperating teacher provided a rubric for our projects. The reality is, moving forward in education, rubrics are going to be a foundation to everything we do. This time around, I can honestly say building my science fair project was much easier based on that. Science fair time -  MW

No comments:

Post a Comment