Sunday, May 15, 2016

Dear Blog,
Today is April 19, 2016.  Today we had the chance to create a group project using Powtoon.
Powtoon is an animation software that is easy to use (once you understand how to navigate it). The best part is the fact that it is free. We decided to put together a presentation on Atmosphere. Keeping with the theme of Science, our Powtoon presentation, is a guided tour of the layers of atmosphere with animation and music. Along the way, students are treated to movie clip in the middle. 

Included in the presentation is a check for understanding to ensure students are understanding the subject material. Since using Powtoon, I have created two more presentations. They can be loaded to Youtube and or hosted on Powtoon's own website. Free users have up to 5 minutes worth of presentation before paying for an upgrade. Users can monitor how long their project is. I highly recommend using Powtoons in the classroom. I'm now currently creating my own learning channel on Youtube where I will upload my presentations from Powtoon and others including Prezi for future reference. 
- MW

No comments:

Post a Comment